Start a community radio station
ColorOfChange wants to help your community get on the air.
This month, the FCC is expected to make applications for new community radio station licenses publicly available. The week of October 15, the FCC will open its very brief licensing window; we can help you make the most of the intervening months to prepare a solid application.
Radio is a relatively inexpensive and highly effective way of reaching and forging connections within our local communities. Together, we have a rare and critical opportunity to massively expand Black radio ownership in this country, while bringing the work of our best community organizations to a whole new level.
If you want to get on the air, ColorOfChange wants to help you succeed.
ColorOfChange can provide:
- Information on everything you need to know to start a station;
- Regular updates about what you need to do and when;
- Trainings and materials;
- Connections to other interested groups in your area;
- Ways to connect with existing stations to get answers; and
- Demystification of technology and policy.